Niwaki Japanese Herb Red Shiso Seeds
From the mint family, this moreish deep purple herbs notes of coriander, basil, cinnamon, liquorice and citrus: its incomparable, complicated flavour needs to be tried to be truly appreciated. It’s hard to find this intriguing herb outside of Japan so growing your own is a very sensible and rewarding choice.
Shiso leaves contain phytoncides, an antibacterial compound which is believed help keep food fresh for longer. In the days before refrigeration, seafood was wrapped in Shiso leaves to prevent it spoiling during transport.
Red perillo adds colour and flavour to pickles, salads and even mojitos!
- Includes 700 seeds, approx
- Due to phytosanitary regulations, we regret these are only available for sale in the U.K
- Soak seeds for up to 8 hours before sowing
- Germinate in warm, damp, shaded soil
- Transfer to sun and plant 30cm apart
- Protect from frost
- Harvest young leaves from 8 weeks onwards
- Water the soil (not the leaves) when dry
- Sow away from cattle and horses - it’s poisonous for them
We offer FREE delivery on UK-only orders over £50. (This does not apply to our print-on-demand service)
Our other delivery costs are as follows:
- UK Tracked Standard - £5 (delivery 5-7 working days from date of order)
- UK Tracked Express - £8.95 (delivery 1-3 working days from date of order)
International and EU
International and EU orders are subject to variable postage costs calculated at checkout; these are dependent on the size and value of your order.
Orders to EU and International addresses may be subject to local customs duty or taxes. You will need to pay any additional charges for customs clearance, charges include local VAT and duty based on the value and origin of the product upon receipt of your order.
Weight restrictions: We are unable to ship orders where the total weight is over 2kg outside of the United Kingdom
Product restrictions: We are unable to ship seeds, plants, bulbs, inflammable products, food and beverages outside of the United Kingdom
Xmas Delivery Dates
Make sure you place your orders by the following dates to garantee delivery by Christmas:
- International - by 1st December
- UK Standard Delivery - by 14th December
- UK Express Delivery - by midday on 20th December