Niwaki Japanese Vegetable Kyuri 'Bon Odori' Seeds
Slighter, more slender and with a more delicate skin than European varieties, Kyuri are a sweeter alternative with crisp, cool, succulent flesh.
During the Festival of Obon – a summer festival honouring ancestors – families fix wooden sticks into fresh Kyuri to make effigies of spirit horses which are intended to ferry ancestors from the realm of the dead to the party as quickly as possible.
Japanese cucumber is delicious freshly pickled or added to salads.
- Includes 10 seeds approx
- Due to phytosanitary regulations, we regret these are only available for sale in the U.K
- Plant seeds on their sides, inside from January or outside in a sunny spot from late May
- Intolerant of frost
- Warm weather required for strong growth
- Water the soil rather than the leaves to deter fungal infections
We offer FREE delivery on UK-only orders over £50. (This does not apply to our print-on-demand service)
Our other delivery costs are as follows:
- UK Tracked Standard - £5 (delivery 5-7 working days from date of order)
- UK Tracked Express - £8.95 (delivery 1-3 working days from date of order)
International and EU
International and EU orders are subject to variable postage costs calculated at checkout; these are dependent on the size and value of your order.
Orders to EU and International addresses may be subject to local customs duty or taxes. You will need to pay any additional charges for customs clearance, charges include local VAT and duty based on the value and origin of the product upon receipt of your order.
Weight restrictions: We are unable to ship orders where the total weight is over 2kg outside of the United Kingdom
Product restrictions: We are unable to ship seeds, plants, bulbs, inflammable products, food and beverages outside of the United Kingdom
Xmas Delivery Dates
Make sure you place your orders by the following dates to garantee delivery by Christmas:
- International - by 1st December
- UK Standard Delivery - by 14th December
- UK Express Delivery - by midday on 20th December