Join Sarah Woods on a mouth-watering celebration of British and South Asian fusion recipes, featuring the Desi communities who created them.
Packed with recipes, stories and authentic voices from each of the communities covered, Sarah Woods, finalist of BBC One's Britain's Best Home Cook and herself a second-generation Punjabi, has brought together this collection of mouth-watering dishes and provided a rare and privileged glimpse into desi kitchens from all over modern Britain.
Sarah Woods has spent her whole life surrounded by a fusion of South Asian and British cooking. Now, she speaks to the many desi communities across the UK to provide a unique culinary roadmap to the diaspora of the Indian subcontinent in Britain today.
Travelling from the Pakistani community of Glasgow to the Nepalese community of Kent and everywhere in between, the book explores how groups from different regions have blended their food and culture to create a cuisine that is distinct, special and diverse.
With Sarah's expert guidance, you will . . .
- Cook Gujarati Hasselback Potato Shaak for an alternative take on a side dish
- Make a Ugandan Chapatti Rolex for a great way to use leftover curry
- Sticky and Spicy Mango Chicken Wings are quick and easy to make and finger licking good
- Try Welsh Chilli Rarebit with curry oil and crispy shallots
- Dive into Peshawari Bread and Butter Pudding with honeyed figs
Print length: 320 pages
We offer FREE delivery on UK-only orders over £50. (This does not apply to our print-on-demand service)
Our other delivery costs are as follows:
- UK Tracked Standard - £5 (delivery 5-7 working days from date of order)
- UK Tracked Express - £8.95 (delivery 1-3 working days from date of order)
International and EU
International and EU orders are subject to variable postage costs calculated at checkout; these are dependent on the size and value of your order.
Orders to EU and International addresses may be subject to local customs duty or taxes. You will need to pay any additional charges for customs clearance, charges include local VAT and duty based on the value and origin of the product upon receipt of your order.
Weight restrictions: We are unable to ship orders where the total weight is over 2kg outside of the United Kingdom
Product restrictions: We are unable to ship seeds, plants, bulbs, inflammable products, food and beverages outside of the United Kingdom
Xmas Delivery Dates
Make sure you place your orders by the following dates to garantee delivery by Christmas:
- International - by 7th December
- UK Standard Delivery - by 14th December
- UK Express Delivery - by midday on 20th December