The beautiful Sussex estate of Wakehurst covers 465 acres and is brimming with rare and extraordinary plants from around the temperate world.
The Wakehurst Guide reveals the history of this ancient part of the Weald, the plantsmen who created the gardens, and how it has become a pioneer in local and international conservation projects. From recommending what to see in each season to insights into each part of the gardens - from the formal walled gardens to the peaceful woodlands and Westwood Lake - this book is an essential guide to this unique place for both regular and first-time visitors alike.
- Ideal companion when visiting Wakehurst Place
- Wonderful souvenir keepsake
- Fold out maps with grid references throughout the book
- Detailed guide to the history, gardens, plants, conservation and National collections
- Fold out timeline of Wakehurst Place
- Stunning colour photography throughout
Authors: Chris Clennett and Katherine Price. 64pp, colour photographs throughout, 240 x 180 mm, paperback, with fold out flaps, ISBN 978 1 84246 607 0, Kew Publishing, 2015